Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Reflection - Introduction

What better way could there be to wrap up a year where you ran 2 half marathons and a couple other shorter races?  How about signing up for another half marathon in 2012 and getting some of your best friends to go along with it!



Last night Rebecca and I signed up for the Cox Half Marathon on May 6th AND Dave signed up too (going to be his first half)!  After much deliberation we will be team "Rock the Cox" having decided to move on from "Fueled by Tigers Blood" from the Harvard Pilgrim 10k back in July.  Can't take yourself too seriously!

I have decided that this year I will run 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon plus whatever else comes my way along the lines of 5/10k or relays, all while maintaining my full time job AND working through an MBA program at Bryant University.  As such I picked up the RunnersWorld.com 3 day training plan and will be posting my thoughts and reviews on it and different equipment as I work through the year.

I plan on racing in:
2/19 - Half at the Hamptons
5/6 - Cox Half Marathon
10/14 - Amica Full Marathon

I look forward to keeping this blog updated with whatever random gibberish I come up with as I think it up so check back often or better yet subscribe!  This last year was full of a lot of changes and I am looking forward to what 2012 will bring.

Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment